11:30 – 12:00: Arrive in Mai Chau. The small town of Mai Chau itself is unappealing, but just outside the patchwork of rice fields rolls out, speckled by tiny Thai villages where visitors doss down for the night in traditional stilt houses and wake up to a rural soundtrack defined by gurgling irrigation streams and birdsong.
12:15 pm: Have a traditional lunch in the local village (vegetarian meal is available)
13:00 – 15:00: Take a bicycle ride with the guide, watching the peaceful scene of farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves, and visiting surrounding villages. The villagers are mostly White Thai, distantly related to tribes in Thailand, Laos and China. Most no longer wear traditional dress, but the Thai women are masterful weavers producing plenty of traditional-style textiles. Locals do not employ strong-arm sales tactics here: polite bargaining is the norm. After that, you will leave Mai Chau to go back to Hanoi.
18:30-19:00: Drop you off at your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter. Finish 1 day Mai Chau Tour
- Round-trip transfers by a/c coach
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees if have
- Bicycle rental
- All taxes & service charges
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Anything unmentioned from the itinerary
- Pick up and drop off outside the Old Quarter
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our control such as natural calamities (typhoon, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes etc.
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-9 years) sharing bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate
- A pair brings 2 children, the second children charged as adult
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- You should take long sleeve clothes, hat, trekking shoes, sunscreen, mosquito repelent, and flash light.
- You should not take heavy luggage