It is extremely important in getting to know clearly the speed limit allowed for vehicles on Vietnam road.
Speed limits In Residential areas:
The maximum permitted speed of vehicles (except special-use vehicles) is 60 km/h if it is a double track; 50 km/h if it is a two-way street without a median; one-way roads with one lane for motorbike. However, you may see the speed limit is just 40km/h for a kind of motorbike which is less than 50 cc.
trucks with a tonnage of 3.5 tons or less and Normal cars or cars carrying people up to 30 people (except buses):
- Maximum 90 km/h at double-track roads and one-way roads with two or more motor lanes.
- Maximum 80km/h in two-way roads and one-way roads with one motor lane.
Which carries more than 30 people (except for buses) or trucks with a tonnage of over 3.5 tons (except tank trucks):
- Maximum 80 km/h at double-track roads and one-way roads with two or more motor lanes.
- Maximum 70 km/h in two-way roads and one-way roads have a motor lane.
Speed limits Outside the Residential areas:
Motorcycles can run at a maximum speed of 70 km/h on double roads, with one-way roads with 2 or more motor lanes; maximum of 60 km/h for two-way roads and one-way roads with 1 motor vehicle lane.
The maximum permitted speed of vehicles is 90 km/h for cars, up to 30 seats; 80 km/h if it has more than 30 seats in double-track roads;
If a two-way road has no median strip, a one-way road has 1 motor vehicle lane, the corresponding speeds of vehicles are 80km/h and 70km/h.
Regulations on age limit for drivers of motorbikes and cars are as follows:
- People who are enough 16 years or older may drive mopeds with a cylinder capacity of under 50 cm3;
- People who are enough 18 years or older may drive two or three-wheeled motorbikes, with a cylinder capacity of 50 cm3 or more and vehicles of similar structure. And trucks, tractors with a tonnage of under 3,500 kg; cars carrying up to 9 seats.